Fish-related discussions

Montipora

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, ruthe, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
luuman29
Post subject: Montipora
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:46 am

Hey ned,
First of all, do you have any montipora and how much?
Secondly, How difficult are montiporas for care?

i have a 110W setup (6700K and actinic) in a 20L gallon tank with various Softs, shrooms and zoas. Will this be enough light for it to thrive?

I use kent essential elements, coral-vite, iodine, strontium and liquid calcium supplements (~2 drops of each every day) plus i have kalkwasser that i add as top off water.

What fluctuations do they not tolerate most? ie. nitrates, temps, etc. I understand that all corals want a stable environment but i have little fluctuations every now and then (nitrates going up to 20 ppm and temp going from 80-84) and my softies and others have been thriving.

This is the first time ive been looking into sps' so any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:00 pm
Site Admin

First of all, do you have any montipora and how much? YES

asstd acropora frags aprox 3" $40 ea
2) red-brown w/ green polyps
1) purple-brown w/yellow polyps

3) 2" Acropora tortuosa $75 ea

http://www.orafarm.com/corals.html

4) purple M. digitata $35 ea aprox 1.75"
1) green M. digitata $40 ea (lumpy...3")

Secondly, How difficult are montiporas for care? EASY

i have a 110W setup (6700K and actinic) in a 20L gallon tank with various Softs, shrooms and zoas. Will this be enough light for it to thrive? that's 5.5 watts per gallon....plenty

I use kent essential elements, coral-vite, iodine, strontium and liquid calcium supplements (~2 drops of each every day) plus i have kalkwasser that i add as top off water. perfect

What fluctuations do they not tolerate most? ie. nitrates, temps, etc. I understand that all corals want a stable environment but i have little fluctuations every now and then (nitrates going up to 20 ppm and temp going from 80-84) and my softies and others have been thriving. 20 nitrate is no big deal...84 degrees is HOT, try removing the glass top and proping up the light on stilts...a little DT's or other phytoplankton couldn't hurt

This is the first time ive been looking into sps' so any info would be helpful. Thanks! sounds like you have everything you need....they love good flow...also make sure your bulbs are fresh...generally get new blues every 10 months and new whites every 13 months

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “Care and feeding questions”
Jump to: