Post subject: Fish attacked & murdered at Coolen's in Canton, MA
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:26 pm
Site Admin

Fish attacked & murdered at Coolen's in Stoughton, MA

HORRIBLE

I got this email from Kathee at Coolen's

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Hello Everyone,

On April 9th around noon, we discovered that the bottom three 55 gallon fish tanks on our large/aggressive cichlid section of our fish room had been poisoned by an unknown chlorine/bleach based substance either the night of the 8th or morning of the 9th. The fish were exposed to just about 25-50% of the product added into the right sump filtration system, putting the element into the water slowly enough to have them not immediately pass away, but to prolong their death for up to 12 or more hours.

I did a Chlorine test, and out of the 4 color based charts, it read between .5 and 1.0. being between the 2nd and 3rd line showing a good amount of chlorine. The laundry smell was immediate and alarmed us that there was something in the tanks, so we quickly rearranged our fish in other tanks so that we could remove the remaining fish that were hanging on to those tanks to hopefully save them. As of right now, we have lost $1100 worth of fish, about 36 bodies. Green Severums, Blue Acara and Green Terror Cichlids, a Pike, Grass Cutters, Polypterous, Plecos, Pacus, Catfish, etc were lost, most of which were 6-12 inches long and extremely healthy. I know that they are "just fish" to some, but to others, living things that depend on us to take care of them and make sure that they get the best care and find good homes, and that opportunity has been taken from us at the store by someone and we are asking your help to find out who.

If anyone has any information as to who might have done this act of abuse, please notify me as soon as possible. Please spread the word because it doesn't mean that this person/s would not do it again to us or do it to another store or in the wild. These small acts usually lead to bigger and more evil things, so please be aware. Thank you for your time in reading this. I appreciate it. Please repost this to your email, my space, etc to get as much exposure to the situation as possible, and maybe something will come up.

Thank you, Kathee Coolen

livingdeadgirl1975@gmail.com

Coolen's Aquarium & Pet Supply
(781) 821-2044
35 Washington St, Canton, MA 02021

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
bostonjon
Post subject:
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:58 pm

sorry..no info but was in there on saturday and thought things looked a little bare!!! cant believe someone would do that!!! they do a nice job at Coolens....economic atmosphere is tough enough without that happening...............

90 gal..4 acara.1 fm,2 geo balzani,4 congo tets,2 rainbow,,5 cory,1 petricola,2bn plecs
.. 25 gallon. multi colony(approx 12),3 calvus,2 albino bn plec

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “events, fish happenings”
Jump to: