unclenedsfishfactory.com

Fish-related discussions

Sumbu fish massacre

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, ruthe, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Jacob
Post subject: Sumbu fish massacre
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:00 pm

ALL FIVE of my new fish died OVER NIGHT. They were obviously healthy when I got them. They seemed healthy when I put them in the tank. Three were active, two were being stationary and hiding. The water had a pH of 8 and I honestly didn't test the water for ammonia. So that probably explains it. BUT, this was a new tank, which I introduced the dirty water to right before I put the fish in. The filter and heater were on for at least a week before, and the water should have been really clean. Maybe that little bit of food I put in for them was ignored and lay around rotting, and one of them died, and then that made the water filthier and they ALL died? They just all died, over night. It was unbelievable! The temperature was 78 or so, so that probably had nothing to do with it. This was very depressing and I have a feeling that I am doomed to kill these fish if I get them again. Strangely, my spiny eel (in a different tank) stopped fasting right after the sumbus died. Sooner or later I am going to find a way to keep some kind of compressiceps, but I don't want to kill any more of them! Maybe there should be a "how not to kill your fish" guide.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “Care and feeding questions”
Jump to: