Fish-related discussions

from my Hawaiian collector

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Admin
Post subject: from my Hawaiian collector
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:17 pm
Site Admin

I would like all you to write a little something about the Bill that is up for vote here in Hawaii to close off all tropical fish diving/exporting in Hawaii. If it passes, Hawaii will completely shut down trop diving and there will be no yellows or anything else being exported. Prices will go through the roof if anyone decides to stay in business!!!

All i need is a letter to

"House Ways and Means Committee; ATTN: Ken Ito and James Tokiota regarding SB3225 SB2"

fax - 808 586 847
email - repito@capitol.hawaii.gov

your name and business, where you are located and that you are against the bill for Oahu, that you order from me (Tropical Fish Emporium) and it would hurt you financially etc etc. Keep it very simple and clean (dont use vulgar language or anything :))

Please print your name and then sign it with a phone number/fax and any other info you want to provide. Also fax it to me at 808 664 4659 - FAX IT DIRECTLY TO THE NUMBER ABOVE (Ito). The more people who do it the better. From what i gathered going to the meeting tonight is that the bill has a 90% chance of passing for Maui and Oahu may or may not be included in the Bill. what we are trying to do is get it so Oahu (where the wholesalers are located) is not included on the Bill.

Thanks for the help. It will Benefit us all to do this.

Here is a link to the proposed bill so you can

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session20 ... 5_SD2_.htm

Also, fax to this guy as well. These two guys are huge players regarding this bill - please them and we can squash it.
Jame Tokioka

(808) 586 6271 - fax
reptokioka@capitol.hawaii.gov

This bill is indeed a reality now. They will vote to go through in about a month or so to completely ban trop fishing in Hawaii. Help the cause if you dont want to pay 400$ wholesale for a yellow tang :)

Aloha
-- DJ

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “events, fish happenings”
Jump to: