unclenedsfishfactory.com

Fish-related discussions

Looking for new Fish Store

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, ruthe, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
MrkFnd
Post subject: Looking for new Fish Store
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:02 pm

Ok, not really a "care and feeding" question except that I will need to find a new fish store so that I will be able to "care" for and "feed" my fish... Also no other topic seemed any more appropriate...

In the end of September I will be moving to West Newbury (MA). While I will be back in this area regularly since my family is in Franklin I am not sure fish would appreciate the added drive time home were I to buy them at Ned's. So I am wondering if anyone knows of a fish store even close to the quality of Uncle Ned's in that area? Nearby towns are Newburyport, Haverhill, Amesbury, Merrimac...

Any thoughts?

Profile Quote
NicholeR
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:31 pm

Your fish will be just fine with the drive home from Ned's.

But, it is a good distance away and you'll need a place closer to home for those times when you just can't spend an hour in the car to get there. There's a new store that just opened up in Plaistow right on 125 called Zoo Creatures. I went a couple of weeks ago, and the place is pretty decent. Staff seem quite knowledgeable and fish were healthy. Their fishroom was designed by the New England Aquarium. They have 3 rows of freshwater tanks, including some tankbuster South American cichlids and some fairly rare species, 2 rows of African cichlids and 3 rows of saltwater. My mom went in last weekend and they were having issues with their heating system in the salt tanks...lost most of their livestock. The guy working the fishroom said it would be about 2 weeks before they get the issues resolved and everything back to normal. Growing pains from a new system, I supose.

And, if you're a herp fan you'll be in heaven. Anyway, here's their website:

http://www.newenglandreptile.com/petstore.html

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject: we also ship
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:41 pm
Site Admin

we also ship

UPS ground is only $12 a box
and you get it next day

just call between noon and 3 pm any Monday , Tues., or Wed.

dry goods shipped free

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:43 pm
Site Admin

I heard
Textile Aquarium
was a good shop
too

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
abwalker
Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:44 pm

I feel for you, man.

In my opinion there are no good freshwater fish stores in the area. I've been living in the Nashua/Lowell area for a a couple years and recently moved farther north to Exeter, NH.

I second that Textile in Lowell is decent, but he has really weird hours. I have bought a few well priced, healthy fish there, and he keeps the full range of bread-and-butter freshwater as well as africans and a very limited selection of marine fish and inverts.

Sea World Pet Center in Salem, NH isn't bad, but if you are going that far, you might as well go to Neds.

There is no where to find high quality or out-of-the-ordinary stuff.

For marine fish, The Aquarium Gallery in Hudson, NH is fantastic. They are going to be carrying SA dwarfs, community, and pirhana in the near future, but the systems not up yet.

Hope that helps.

If you find anywhere good, let me know.

Abby

Abigail
Lowell, MA

Profile Quote
fish
Post subject:
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:05 am

If a fish can make it 2-3 days through shipping in a bag and styro box, then they will certainly make it from Ned's place to your house. Just bring an insulated lunch box with you. It keeps the temp stable during the long ride.

PS: I did it years and years ago before I knew about Ned's store.
PPS: I wish I lived closer too.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “Care and feeding questions”
Jump to: