Fish-related discussions

what to feed my ACANTHOPHTHALMUS KUHLII

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, ruthe, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Oren
Post subject: what to feed my ACANTHOPHTHALMUS KUHLII
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:24 pm

Hello,
First off id like to say I’m a long time reader, first time poster.
my question:

I'm very interested in breeding the elusive Acanthophthalmus kuhlii. I was wondering what would be the best thing to feed them. How about flakes? if so what type of flakes are best? I heard the Peruvian type where the best, so i bought some (Which i found out is only available from less creditable establishments) .
So far i have had mixed results, the Kuhlli do seem to like it and are quite active and have made several breeding attempts with no success. Do you think this Varity of flakes could be affecting their fertility?

Thanks,
Oren

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:06 am
Site Admin

I'm very interested in breeding the elusive Acanthophthalmus kuhlii. YOU MEAN THE KUHLII LOACH (they are asian)

I was wondering what would be the best thing to feed them. How about flakes? THEY'LL EAT FLAKES, IF YOU WANT THEM TO PRODUCE EGGS, I SUGGEST LIVE BLACKWORMS (We don't carry blackworms).

if so what type of flakes are best? OMEGA 1 FIRST FLAKE IS GOOD, I SHOULD HAVE SOME IN ABOUT A WEEK.

I heard the Peruvian type where the best, so i bought some (Which i found out is only available from less creditable establishments) . PERUVIAN WHAT ???? HUH?

So far i have had mixed results, the Kuhlli do seem to like it and are quite active and have made several breeding attempts with no success. Do you think this Varity of flakes could be affecting their fertility? IF YOU WANT EGGS FROM A LOACH, YOU PROBABLY NEED TO FEED WORMS. Microworms, White Worms, BlackWorms, maybe even freeze dried Tubifix worms might help.

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
Oren
Post subject:
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:17 pm

thanks for the info,

right now it looks like they just dont want to breed, I may just trade these fish with my friend for some Schwartzachromis , are you able to get schwartachromis?

Montreal forum

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “Care and feeding questions”
Jump to: