unclenedsfishfactory.com

Fish-related discussions

Filtration question

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, ruthe, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Aquaholic
Post subject: Filtration question
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:39 pm

I have a 90 gallon freshwater tank that is lightly stocked. Among the various filtration I am using is 2 Whisper 3 power filters. I have been having trouble maintaining filter bags in them using the Whisper brand as they have been disintegrating within 4-6 weeks. The only water issues I have is a slight concentration of manganese in the tap water and I also just added a large piece of driftwood that may be leeching a small amount of tannins into the tank, even tho I soaked it externally for about a month. Any help as to how to resolve this would be appreciated. Thx.

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:02 pm
Site Admin

I have a 90 gallon freshwater tank that is lightly stocked. Among the various filtration I am using is 2 Whisper 3 power filters. M'KAY.
I have been having trouble maintaining filter bags (WHA' ?) in them using the Whisper brand as they have been disintegrating within 4-6 weeks. YOU'RE S'POSED TO GET A NEW 1 EVRY 4-6 WEEKS>
The only water issues I have is a slight concentration of manganese SHOULDN'T MATTER
in the tap water and I also just added a large piece of driftwood AH-HA that may be leeching a small amount of tannins into the tank, even tho I soaked it externally for about a month. Any help as to how to resolve this would be appreciated. Thx.
Put fresh high grade carbon in the bio bags, change the water.

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “Care and feeding questions”
Jump to: