Fish-related discussions

Cichlids

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
balasharkboy
Post subject: Cichlids
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi, im new to this forum but not the store.I have 7 zebra danios, 2 cherry barbs 2 gold tetras, 3 tiger barbs, a gold gourami, a dwarf flame, a pleco, 2 rainbow sharks, and a bala shark( 3 or more zebra danio fry). These are all in my 55 gallon, im writing to you because i woul like a cichlid that doesnt get big, doesnt cost alot (had and have to buy everything for my tank: fish, decorations, rock, meds, etc), has ph and alkalinity that fits with that of my tank, and finnally can go well will my danios, tetras and cherrys. I really wanted a blue ram but they dont fit the qualifications. So i decided on a keyhole cichlid.....only problem is that their hard to find and i dont know the price. Also i might move the fish equivalent of rabits in to my ten gallon( had guppies a long time a go.....we had LOTS!!!) So if any one has a better cichlid or if u sell keyholes please reply. Thanx

balasharkboy
Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:06 pm

sry but im am also looking for the size of the cichlid to be with in 4-6"

Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:08 pm
Site Admin

keyholes are a good choice
$5 each
2 smalls in stock

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
balasharkboy
Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:22 pm

ok and are they timtid because i heard they are timtid aroun bigger fish

balasharkboy
Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:24 pm

and do they prefer 2 because i would definatly have to move the danios and sorry i ment timid and if the female or male is more or less timid i would like to know thanks

balasharkboy
Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:19 pm

also if any one can tell me how long it takes a zebra danio fry to grow an inch??

balasharkboy
Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:59 pm

i need to know also what other cichlid can go well plz respond

TheFishGuy
Post subject: Just my 2 cents
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:09 am

I am sure Ned will respond, but with soooo many posts in such a short time He is probably overwhelmed. Maybe make it easier for Ned, and put all your thoughts/question into 1 post in the future.

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:44 am
Site Admin

I think Buffalo Heads would go well
just came in $16 each
or Nanochromis Parilus same price

Ned
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
balasharkboy
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:20 pm

sorry about the large number of posts , and i like the Nanochromis Parilus but dont really know much because people name it by the nudicep so im wondering how different are and i cant find much on the parilus they are mostly pictures and if its on the n. parilus its in a forign language ( thanks alot "the google")so if u would be kind enough to help me out here (im kinda anxious about a fish forum so sorry if i cause any inconvinice) i also have some more questions
- i have lots of danios and wanted to sell them insted of buying more for them. what is the price if i could sell 5 back
-what is the shipping charge to westwood ( yuo stated that it would be more for out of area)
- between keyholes and n. parlius which seem more peacefull, and better to care for.

Thanks a ton for your help

balasharkboy
Post subject: plz respond
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:14 pm

please respond to my last post so i can decide

Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:44 pm
Site Admin

too much information
on N. Parilus available here:
http://www.thekrib.com/Apisto/N-nudiceps.html

$100 minimum to ship
(if you're in Westwood already you are only 15 minutes away)
If you do all your chores and get all A's, I'm sure your folks will give you a ride.

Zebra danios really aren't worth anything, we maybe pay 20 cents each for them. But they are a fun hardy fish.

Ned
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
balasharkboy
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:01 pm

ya i know but my parents are busy this weekend and next weekend and by the way thanx for the site. but can u tell be if these are more capable with the tiger barbs because the tigers are pretty fiesty around new fish. could they both go well together . and thanks for the danio prices 20 cents is better than nothing so i might sell a few.

TheFishGuy
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:14 pm

Have you thought about putting an oscar in the tank? I am sure he would play nicely with everything, or at least end the compatability questions.

TheFishGuy
P.O. Box 2453
Framingham MA 01703
508-314-1992
www.the-fish-guy.com

Profile Quote
balasharkboy
Post subject: EL OSCAR?
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:14 pm

AN OSCAR and oscar thinks that fish in its belly are nice they would theyd eat my cherries, tetras, danios and then go after my tiger barbs. so how big does a n. pariluis get and do u now its common name....not in german

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]
Return to “Kids' Questions On Fish” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: