unclenedsfishfactory.com

Fish-related discussions

arowanas

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
mank123456
Post subject: arowanas
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:21 am

I found arowanas to be really cool....however, I've heard they're very aggressive. I have a 55 gallon tank, with some community fish and some plecos. If I were to get an arowana, do I have to feed it live fish? Also, will it eat my other fish? Are there any other specific environment and care questions I might need to take into account?

Thanks,
Max

Max

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject: arawanas
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:04 pm
Site Admin

I found arowanas to be really cool....however, I've heard they're very aggressive. When they get old, they are very greedy for food...when they are young...they are kind of shy and wimpy.
I have a 55 gallon tank, with some community fish and some plecos. If I were to get an arowana, do I have to feed it live fish?
You can feed arawanas on pellets, freeze dried krill, and they love live crickets.
Also, will it eat my other fish? They can eat small fish easily. Are there any other specific environment and care questions I might need to take into account? They get huge...unless your serious about getting a 100 gallon plus tank inside 6 months, don't get it. Also they jump something wicked...the best arawana set up would be an indoor pond or other huge tank with a net roof and walls so they can jump several feet into the air without killing them selves by drying out on the floor, or knocking themselves out by cracking their skulls into the hood.

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “Compatibility Questions”
Jump to: