unclenedsfishfactory.com

Fish-related discussions

Geophagus tank compatibility issues?

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Tucc185
Post subject: Geophagus tank compatibility issues?
Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:24 pm

I'm setting up a 55 gallon south american biotope tank specifically for geophagus. Right now I have a 20 H with: Satanoperca leucosticta (Geophagus jurupari), 2 Satanoperca 'surinamensis’ /Geophagus surinamensis,
a pair of smal angels, a Brochis (giant cory cat), weather loach,
2 Kuhlii loaches,Synodontis decorum, So. American Bumblebee Cat), and a Peruvian Redtail Barracuda. It's prtty heavily stocked but it's well established and I haven;t had a problem with compatibility so far. I'm thinking of adding :Geophagus sp. ‘Redhead Tapajos’ pair, Gymnogeophagus balzani (Uruguay)-male or pair, and 1 Panaque suttoni (Blue-Eyed Pleco). Anyone foresee any problems with this mix? size isn't a huge deal because if things get too big I can always bring them into the pet store I work at and trade them or something smaller.

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:13 pm
Site Admin

I'm setting up a 55 gallon south american biotope tank specifically for geophagus. GOOD.
Right now I have a 20 H with: Satanoperca leucosticta (Geophagus jurupari), 2 Satanoperca 'surinamensis’ /Geophagus surinamensis,
a pair of smal angels, a Brochis (giant cory cat), weather loach,
2 Kuhlii loaches,Synodontis decorum, So. American Bumblebee Cat), and a Peruvian Redtail Barracuda. YOU DESPERATELY NEED A 55 OR LARGER.
It's prtty heavily stocked but it's well established and I haven;t had a problem with compatibility so far. I'm thinking of adding :Geophagus sp. ‘Redhead Tapajos’ pair, Gymnogeophagus balzani (Uruguay)-male or pair, and 1 Panaque suttoni (Blue-Eyed Pleco). IF YOU FIND A BLUE EYE I'LL GIVE YOU $100 FOR IT.
Anyone foresee any problems with this mix? NO.
size isn't a huge deal because if things get too big I can always bring them into the pet store I work at and trade them or something smaller. THAT's OK.

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
bobsvinyl
Post subject:
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:23 am

Just my own experience... I have a 55 that I had Geo. red head Tapajos, steindachneri and Bahia red in together. They were fine when they were smaller, but as they matured, the dominant male Tapajos began to chase everything in sight. I finaly had to remove him to his own tank where he now chases a couple of Buenos Aires tetras nonstop. I've found the Geos to be more aggressive than the Satanoperca in general.

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:51 pm
Site Admin

that's true

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction: