farowellas with dwarfs and discus?

Who plays nicely with whom? Will these breeds share a tank without eating each other? "Dis is da place"

Moderators: Sam, Admin

farowellas with dwarfs and discus?

Postby goodtimz78 » Sun May 11, 2008 8:54 am

i have a 37 gallon tank with discus and checkerboards in it. i was wondering if farowellas would get along well with both these fish. i had heard that plecostomus are very problematic with both discus and dwarf cichlids. does this apply to the farowellas as well? how will they do in higher temps (84F)?
goodtimz78

Farlowella

Postby Sam » Sun May 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Shouldn't be a problem with either dwarfs or discus.

Farlowellas are one of the larger gentle loricids and will not eat plants or get themselves into trouble with tankmates. They can also take reasonably high temperatures - their natural habitat includes weedy riversides in amazonia that may heat up more than the mainstream currents around them.

We have aprox. six farlowellas in stock now. I picked them out myself because they were different than the usual imported species... this one is more highly mottled, with a thicker, spiny, reticulated rostrum.

A 37 gallon tank could easily hold three or more twig cats.

-Sam
Sam

Postby goodtimz78 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:55 am

any chance you can post a pic or two of the ones you have in the store?
goodtimz78

photos

Postby Sam » Mon May 12, 2008 9:48 pm

look for them (photographs) by tomorrow night late... hopefully
-Sam
Sam

Photos

Postby Sam » Tue May 13, 2008 9:46 pm

I'll jut copy the post from the photo section here...

These photos are in responce to a request. Anybody out there with an idea on the species? We have 2 or 3 left in stock, they have wider rostrums than our usual farlowellas and a more complex pattern of reticulations and shades of brown.

Sam

Return to Compatibility Questions