unclenedsfishfactory.com

Fish-related discussions

severum tankmates?

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
ComesBack10fold
Post subject: severum tankmates?
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:42 pm

im considering (and by considering, i mean "trying to convince my fiancee that its a good idea") setting up a tank for a pair of severums.

is a 40b big enough for a pair?

im also interested in finding some tankmates for them.
id want ONE species of shoaling/schooling fish to go with them, in a fairly decent sized group (12-18?).

something big enough not to be lunch, uncommon enough to be interesting, but cheap enough that i wouldnt be pissed if they got themselves murdured.

only other tankmate would probably be a plec of some kind. prob a bristle, since i have plenty of experience with them.

i typically do my water changes on a once weekly basis, 25% at a time. think this is enough?

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:32 pm
Site Admin

im considering (and by considering, i mean "trying to convince my fiancee that its a good idea") setting up a tank for a pair of severums. BEST TO GET A GROUP OF YOUNG ONES, LET THEM MATURE AND PICK THEIR OWN PAIR

is a 40b big enough for a pair? YES

im also interested in finding some tankmates for them.
THEY CAN LIVE WITH ALMOST ANYTHING OF APPROPRIATE SIZE, ALTHOUGH OLDER MALES ARE PRETTY AGGRESSIVE...
SILVER DOLLARS, OTHER EXTRA LARGE TETRAS, GUORAMIS, GOOD SIZE BARBS, OTHER CICHLIDS, GOOD SIZE CATS OF ANY KIND...
id want ONE species of shoaling/schooling fish to go with them, in a fairly decent sized group (12-18?).

something big enough not to be lunch, uncommon enough to be interesting, but cheap enough that i wouldnt be pissed if they got themselves murdured.
OH I KNOW, BUENOS AIRES TETRAS OR GIANT DANIOS, AROUND $3 EACH.
only other tankmate would probably be a plec of some kind. prob a bristle, since i have plenty of experience with them.
WE JUST GOT SOME YOUNG ADULT BUSHYNOSE, THINK THEY ARE $8 EA

i typically do my water changes on a once weekly basis, 25% at a time. think this is enough? GREAT!

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:33 pm
Site Admin

OOO
NO SEVERUMS IN STOCK THO
NOT RARE