Is this a fish you can order? I'd be looking for a juvenile
If so, do you have a rough dollar amount and/or timetable

Thanks,
Joe

Profile Quote
Sam
Post subject: Re: Tedraodon Mbu
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm

No Mbu on the lists for now... But four sizes of Tetraoodon lineatus, the fahaka puffer. Ned's usually wary of the giant puffers, even as babies, but if you do want a fahaka I'll let him know. This order would go out Saturday night or Sunday.
Sam

Profile Quote
Maxxxx
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks, I have to get my snail "farm" and quarantine tank up but wanted to make sure you guys could get them.

Why the wariness about the big MBU puff ball?

I ask out of curiosity more than anything else, as I'd have killed a lot of fish if I hadnt listened to you guys in the past.

Profile Quote
Sam
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Not sure what Ned's reasoning is, but my problem is that so few people are prepared for such a fish.

They get very large, are very active, and need a ton of space to swim. They also really should be kept alone, though I've heard of a few cases where they've excepted a tank mate or two.
Eventual tank size should be larger than most commonly available tanks - I'd look into perfecto's line of 3 and 4 foot wide aquariums.

Anyways, if people are up for it and have the resources, more power two them... they look like amazing fish. For me though, I've had great experiences keeping Tetraodon miurus, Carinotertaodon salivator, irrubeso, and travancoricus, and there are still a bunch of smaller species out there I haven't had the chance to keep yet.

Cheers
Sam

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “Special Breeds?”
Jump to: