Ornate + Weeksii order

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, Sam
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:49 pm
Site Admin

The little guy just ate through four decent sized guppies no problem...

I won't be in tomorrow - the weeksi is in a ten gallon tank in the back cichlid room next to some congo puffer tanks...

good luck!
-Sam

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
Krawnik
Post subject:
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:38 am

Thank you for nursing the Weeksii up a bit. I got him home Friday and so far so good. He's in my 125 grow out tank for now. Once I see him eat I'll be able to rest easy.

Awesome pattern on this guy, looking forward to seeing him grown out. For now he's even got his external gills still - a true baby!

If you have an opportunity to place another order for poly's, please let me know. I'd be interested in adding a few more to the collection.

Again, thank you. You guys have been awesome.

PS

The ornates have completely settled in. In the past 11 days they've put on close to 0.25" in sheer girth. Absolutely fat and happy in their 180. Two of them seem to have buddied up, and the third has been hanging out with my ~15" fire eel!

Profile Quote
Sam
Post subject: A suggestion...
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:37 pm

If he hasn't eaten anything yet I would really recommend moving him to a much much smaller tank (10gallonish). At the store, he really picked up after I put him in the ten with some guppies and shrimp... it was easy for him to find food.

Good luck,
-Sam

Profile Quote
Krawnik
Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:34 am

No need. When I picked him up I saw that he had a decently full belly, so I wasn't panicking.

Just did my morning feeding on the 125. Little bugger ate so many bloodworms he looks like he swallowed a marble lol. He's definitely looking stronger, growing happy and healthy!

So......

Any chance you're able to get some Polypterus Lapradei?

Also curious when you'd be able to put in another order for poly's. I'm actually thinking I'd like a trio of the Weeksii (2 more). A Lapradei or 2 would about fill out my stock list.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Return to “Monster Fish & Miscellaneous Fish” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: