unclenedsfishfactory.com

Fish-related discussions

Clown Loach deaths

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, ruthe, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
marcy
Post subject: Clown Loach deaths
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:23 pm

We lost (2) of our larger - 2" size loaches in the past 2 days. There were no signs of any issues, they were just laying on the bottom of the tank, one I found yesterday and the other today. I have 2 more smaller ones that are not so shy and they seem fine. We added 4-6 tetras last Saturday and they all look healthy as does everyone else. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on what might have happened

- tank cleaned Sunday
- I have 2 other loaches, 3 pleco's (all under 3"), (4) cory's of various kinds, and a variety of tetras.
- I feed a variety of bottom feeders food, shrimp pellets, algel tables etc nothing new.

Thanks,
Marcy

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject: Re: Clown Loach deaths
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:01 pm
Site Admin

hmmm
a mystery

are the 2 other loaches also Clown Loaches?

what is the complete census of species in the tank?

any other changes beside the water change?

any foreign objects fall into the tank?

have you done a chemistry test on the tank water and the tap water,
if so
what were the numbers?

what is the temperature?

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
marcy
Post subject: Re: Clown Loach deaths
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:45 pm

A mystery indeed, calling for Scooby and the gang!

1. Yes, the other 2 are clown loaches, just smaller

2. Tank census - (2) clown Loaches, 1 pit bull pleco, 1 bushy nose pleco, 1 long fin bushy pleco, 1 tetra (rio I think), 5 long fin red tetra, 5 long fin black tetra, 2 Sterbie Cory's, 1 green cory, 1 albino cory and 1 beta. Our Plecos laid eggs 3-4 days ago in a tunnel, that we placed in a breeder tank to see if they hatch.

We added a few fish Saturday ( a few tetras) all look healthy and no odd behavior. Oh and I added 1 plastic plant by tetra that I rinsed in hot water, then cold water before placing in the tank. And the breeder net which we have used in this tank before and it was throughly rinsed before placing it in the tank. This net has a couple wood skewers holding up the net.

Nothing visible in the tank that might have fallen into the tank. This tank (29 gallon) is in the den no where near any cleaning supplies,etc.

No chemistry testing, we don't have any kits since we never have issues with the water. Rather we have had no issues with the tap water Milford.

Temp is 80

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “Care and feeding questions”
Jump to: