unclenedsfishfactory.com

Fish-related discussions

Second big live caterpillar event, this saturday at BCM.

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Sam
Post subject: Second big live caterpillar event, this saturday at BCM.
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:54 am

Sam's Live Caterpillar Show at Boston Children's Museum:

Second of six installments: THIS SATURDAY 11am - 2pm at Boston Children's Museum http://www.bostonkids.org/

The first show was AMAZING and this coming one will be even better. All the best caterpillars from last time are now ENORMOUS and many more species are showing up daily. I'm aiming for thirty plus species of incredible, large, native caterpillars to put out in our classic open air displays. And yes... There will be full grown Hickory Horned Devils... I know you were wondering...

Come see if Uncle Ned's regulars Linda, Emily, Maddison, and I can keep it together for the full three hours

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sam
Post subject: Re: Second big live caterpillar event, this saturday at BCM.
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:57 pm

This is looking like a great show guys - we are up to 32 species of some of the most remarkable native caterpillars. All of the huge silk moth cats will be there along with a whole suite of unusual snake mimics, foliage mimics, and just down right bizarre species that we have been raising over the last few weeks.

Also - they aren't huge or particularly flashy - but you can meet two of my all time favorite cats at this show - The Finned Prominent and the White Blotched Heterocampa.... see below.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “events, fish happenings”
Jump to: