Small, Simple, and Economical Pond Set Up: Up to 800 gallons
I) WHAT YOU NEED FROM US:
a. Rubber Liner or Preformed Pond
- Rubber liner is 80 cents per square foot. Using liner gives you more creative freedom, and is useful in underlining waterfalls and spillways.
- Preformed ponds vary on price by size and style. They do not allow for much creativity and are often too shallow to overwinter fish in.
- We generally recommend using rubber liner, but will bring in preformed ponds upon request.
- Recommend designing pond with a 2.5 foot plus overwintering well, and some shallow margins for plantings.
b. Mag Drive or Similar Pond Pump
- A pump ranging from 300 - 950 GPH should be enough for a small to medium sized pond.
- Go larger for larger height differences between pond and waterfall top. Also, use a bigger pump if you plan on having many fish.
- Prices vary with GPH pump size.
c. Ultraviolet Sterilizer
- UV sterilizers between 5 and 9 watts should be adequate for a smaller pond. They eliminate green water problems.
- We strongly recommend adding a UV sterilizer to your filtration circuit. Most customers who do not do this initially, will add one later on.
d. Waterfall Style Pond Filter
- A pond filter is essential to maintaining a healthy pond. The larger the filter the more fish you can keep and the fewer water changes needed.
- For a small pond, a tetra waterfall filter-1000, or a homemade waterfall filter should be adequate.
- Flexible PVC, non-kink, or plastic tubing can be used to connect the plumbing circuit of your pond.
- We sell various size hose and various connectors and valves
- But expect at least one trip to a hardware store for fittings we don't carry
II. EXAMPLE POND SET UP WITH PRICES:
a. 400-600 gallon Pond (20% set-up discount on non-liner products)
- 10 x 15 rubber liner = 150 square feet $120.00
- MagDrive 950 = $175.00 x.8 = $140.00
- Tetra 9 Watt UV = $155.00 x.8 = $124.00
- Tetra Waterfall Filter = $130.00 x .8 = $104.00
- Major Equipment Total: $488.00
- Notes: Will need to get hosing, fittings and valves, filter media, and other assorted items to complete set up.
III. A BASIC POND SCHEMATIC:
- P = Pump
- UV = Ultraviolet Sterilizer
- F = Waterfall Filter
- Liner shown in black
- Plumbing in blue