unclenedsfishfactory.com

Fish-related discussions

spontaneous fish arrival

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
scott
Post subject: spontaneous fish arrival
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:53 pm

Apparently one of my neighbors, without my knowledge, dropped a new fish in my pond, because I can't explain where it came from. And I doubt it fell from the sky though the pond netting..

I have a 250 gal pond that came with the house when I bought it 10 years ago and I've had the same fish since then and who knows how long the previous owners had them. I've never added any more fish to the pond, and they have never had offspring. I have one monstrous Koi and three smaller goid fish.

I was none too happy to find a new fish in the pond that might introduce some new nasties to the environment, plus the pond is already crowded. I caught the little bugger ( not easy since he is just over 2 inches ) and did a water exchange just for good measure.

Now I am just a fish guy by circumstance, since they came with the house, and I know quite a bit at this point about my own fish, but I don't know much beyond that. I was wondering if someone could identify what breed this new immaculate fish is..

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Thanks for the help...

::41554D::

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:59 am
Site Admin

most likely
it was born in your pond

can't quite tell from the pic
but it's probably a baby koi
(looks like it has whiskers)

wild koi and goldfish normally are that color

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
scott
Post subject:
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:36 am

I suppose it is possible.. I watch that pond like a hawk, and I'm doing something with it every other day. It is pretty small at 250 gals. For me to miss seeing a new fish, even a small one seems unlikely, but technically possible, and only after 10 years to get two new fish.

Does that happen a lot? Where there are no offspring for that extended time and then all of the sudden they appear?

::41554D::

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “ponds”
Jump to: