Fish-related discussions

Protein Skimmer

Moderators: Admin, Uncle Ned, Sam
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
AngeloM3
Post subject: Protein Skimmer
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:37 am

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with my skimmer putting a ton of micro-bubbles in my tank. I have a Odyssea PS75 skimmer. I've tried so many things to stop the micro-bubbles from being introduced back into the tank, with no luck. Its about 1ft tall and a pump that does 315gph (that came with it) is hooked up to it. The entire skimmer fills with micro bubbles, so there is no "non-micro-bubble" water to send back to the tank.

I saw you had a bak-pak skimmer that looked like it was good. It was on the tank that has all the coral frags in it. If your standing in the doorway, looking into the salwater room, the bak-pak skimmer is right there on your right. What brand is that? And what type of pump is hooked up to that? And do you sell that and if so how much?

If you could lend me some advice on how to tweak my skimmer or some prices for some skimmers that would be good on a 50gal tank, it would be greatly appreciated

Profile Quote
AngeloM3
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:51 am

Of if the people viewing this thread have any suggestions on how to tweak my skimmer.... feel free to post your suggestion

Profile Quote
Admin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:15 pm
Site Admin

regular Bak Pak $160 comes with a Maxi Jet pump
CPR Dual Bak Pak $180 comes with a Maxi Jet pump

there are also "bubble traps" available for Bak Paks, an extra $20

if your skimmer is brand new the bubbles could be coming from the plastic of the machine itself

sometimes they'll go away with use

you could also possibly try just detaching the bubble injection for a week or so, and just let the water run through it for a week or 10 days without the air injection

Ned
unclenedsfishfactory@gmail.com
508 533 5969
>>={{{{{{{{{{{{{{(°/)

Profile Quote
AngeloM3
Post subject:
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:53 pm

what are your prices for AquaC Remora skimmer?

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “tank & equipment pricing”
Jump to: